Sunday, 19 May 2013
Conwy County Council has 4 officers listed as being on being on over £100,000 per year.
The pay off for " Compensation for loss of Office" for one person was £79,210 as you can see, was this Byron Davies I wonder?
Lets not forget how many officers are on over £60,000 per year, add the useless councillors costing over a £1,000,000 and you will soon see that austerity has hardly hit the higher echelons in the hallowed Temple of Waste has it?
Add the millions wasted in the last few years, not least the little misunderstanding with Maesdu Bridge not to mention how much the Colwyn Bay Pier fiasco is costing on an ongoing basis, the legal fees alone will be a huge ongoing cost with that little folly of theirs.
Then there was the minor £200,000 or so on The Jeninvore Hotel and the con man where yet more lessons were to be learnt.
One could be forgiven for thinking the council is being headed by a fool the amount of ongoing lessons the council is learning.
We're not paying for lessons we're paying for a properly run council and we're not getting it are we?
What use is the Cabinet headed by the hapless Dilwyn?
Was Iuan Davies the man to be appointed in the first place?
I personally have always thought not, purely for the fact he has only ever worked somewhere else for a matter of months before he joined Conwy many years ago, where is the worldly experience there?
There isn't any is there?
Nobody takes responsibility in the Temple of Waste for things that go wrong and cost us Thousands of pounds, there are no consequences for errors in Conwy Council and there lies one of the huge problems.
Until there is change, there will be NO change.
Pissed and Threatening Angie O'Grady
Why was Angela O'Grady there then?
Certainly one with no shame.
"Suspended so why was she standing with the mayor and councillors at the Dambusters Memorial Service at the Cenotaph on Thursday the 16th of May "
Thursday, 9 May 2013
"CONTROVERSIAL multi-million pound work on a bridge has cost the taxpayer almost four times the estimated cost, a report has revealed. " A report revealing further costs caused by work to Maesdu Bridge, Llandudno, will be put to Conwy councillors next week, revealing a final bill of £4million.
Originally estimated at a cost of £1.1m, work on the bridge began in 2009, and faced delays until re-opening in September the following year.
During the work, traders in Deganwy said they were concerned over shop closures as a direct result of the bridge being shut.
Contractors Dawnus Construction charged the council more than £2.9million, and design consultants Atkins charged nearly £700,000.
On May 13, members of Conwy's Principal Scrutiny and Overview Committee will discuss disputes with Dawnus Construction and Atkins - with a report highlighting additional costs submitted by Dawnus reaching more than £300,000; later negotiated down to just under £100,000
The bridge, built in the 1920s, had degraded to the point where a 7.5 tonne weight limit had to be put in place, and safety measures had to be installed to stop concrete from falling on to the railway.
As a result of delays and overspends, the project was the subject of a number of internal reports to councillors and internal auditors.
Cllr Mike Priestley, who took on the cabinet portfolio for Highways last year, said with the exception of the design fees, the £4m cost of the rebuild “isn't unreasonable for a scheme this big and complex”. He added: “The bridge’s value to Llandudno far exceeds the construction costs; the A546 is one of just three main routes into the town and without it there would be traffic chaos in and out of Llandudno.”
Cllr Priestley added: “The only people who would benefit from any further action would be lawyers, so it’s time to draw a line under the matter and move on.”
... but I'm going no-where until I've finished.
Steve, Victoria Pier.
Daily Post Website:
A Businessman has scored what could turn out to be a critical victory in his fight to wrestle control of Colwyn Bay's crumbling Victoria pier from Conwy County Council.
Stephen Hunt insists that he or his mother, Gloria, should be recognised as the rightful owner of the pier he paid £100,000 for in 2003 with the intention of restoring it to its former glory.
But Conwy insists that it owns the pier, having bought it for £36,000 in March last year - using a grant from the Welsh Government - after it was transferred to the Crown Estate following bankruptcy proceedings against Mr Hunt.
That fundamental difference of opinion triggered an intense High Court dispute - from which Mr Hunt today emerged the winner.
Sir William Blackburne's ruling means that Mr Hunt will get another chance to persuade a local judge that the pier, and the foreshore on which it stands, should be formally 'vested' in him.
The judge said Mr Hunt was made bankrupt at the council's behest in 2008 on the basis of just over £5,000 in allegedly unpaid council tax and rate demands. That meant everything he owned, including the pier, passed into the hands of his trustee in bankruptcy.
The trustee at first applied for a court order forcing Mr Hunt to give up possession of the pier. However, the trustee later disclaimed all interest in the pier and foreshore and they passed to the Crown Estate Commissioners who, in turn, transferred them to the council.
However, that transfer was subject to all 'third party interests' - including the right of Mr Hunt and his mother to seek a court order vesting title to the pier in one or both of them.
Such applications were duly made but were dismissed at Cardiff County Court last year by Judge Jarman QC, who found that ownership had legitimately been transferred to the council.
However, in a ruling which throws the future of the pier back up into the air, Sir William's today pinpointed legal errors in the judge's decision and directed a fresh hearing of Mr Hunt's bid to have the pier vested in him.
Central to Mr Hunt's case is his argument that he still owns a 'dwelling' on the pier, which he has been unable to access since the council fenced it off, and that means ownership of the property was never validly transferred to the council.
Mr Hunt earlier told the court: "I am locked out - the council changed the locks and put a fence up. I can't go to collect my post and my car is still on the pier."
Gloria Hunt also argues she is entitled to a beneficial interest in the pier, having given her son half of the money used to buy it.
Council lawyers described the 'dangerous' structure as in a 'crumbling' state and said that a bid to secure lottery funding for its renovation had so far been unsuccessful because of the ongoing row with Mr Hunt and his mother.
However, Mr Hunt contended he had suggested working with the council in the past to secure funding, and said Conwy hadn't done any work to make the pier safe.
Overturning Judge Jarman's ruling, and directing a reconsideration of the case at the county court, Sir William said the judge had not adequately dealt with Mr Hunt's plea that the propertly should be vested in him as the occupier of a 'dwelling house' on the pier.
The judge intervened despite council arguments that Mr Hunt's alleged home on the pier is 'no longer fit for human habitation' and of 'no practical benefit' to him.
No date was set for the re-hearing of the dispute at the county court
Mr Hunt said he feels vindicated and urged the council to re-open negotiations with him to thrash out a way forward.
He said: “I have been saying it for five years ‘I have always said ‘talk to me’.
He added: “I will not stop. I will not go away.”
Meanwhile, Clwyd West MP David Jones is worried the Colwyn Bay Victoria pier ownership saga will now go on even longer.
He said: “The court’s decision means that the issue of ownership of the pier will not be cleared up for several months and the judge’s remarks clearly indicate that Mr Hunt has at least a strong arguable case.
“The condition of the pier is continuing to deteriorate and now looks even worse after the completion of Porth Eirias and the laying of the new beach.
“I would strongly urge the council ‘’Don’t simply let the legal proceses take their course but take on board the judge’s comments and consider negotiating with Mr Hunt’ .”
He added: “The saga of the pier has been nothing short of disastrous for Colwyn Bay and the county of Conwy.
“It is the latest in a seriies of issues that must give cause for concern about the council management of its affairs. I’m thinking of Maesdu Road Bridge, Home to School Transport contract and Forces for Good (grant) scandal.
“Nodbody ever seems to accept political responsibility for these disasters. I would suggest that those in political charge of the council should consider their position. Certainly in similar cases at a Whitehall level, resignations would have been offered.”
Council Council said: "The Council is pleased that the judge has dismissed Mrs Hunt’s appeal in its entirety, and dismissed Mr Hunt’s appeal other than one point, which has been referred back to the original judge. It is an important step in the regeneration of Colwyn Bay and the Council will continue discussions with HLF regarding the funding application."
Monday, 6 May 2013
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good.
So, love the people who treat you right.
Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...Have a great life."
The blog will be 6 years old on the 6th of May, surely an opportune time to packs ones bags and move on?
How long for?
I don't honestly know, all I do know is that I was NEVER going to move on as long as there were currents threats and demands for me to go.
At present all is quiet on the Western Front so to speak so I'm happy to consider going on my own terms.
I would never ever have thought it would have lasted so long and attracted so many visitors and so much encouragement to sock them all one.
I'm not crying Woolf, I'm ready to go,however hard at times it is to succumb to " just one more post" as has happened so many times in the past even as I write this there is something else that deserves a public view.
Should it be for good or just an extended break,something tells me go on a high, it's been a bloody good run and I wouldn't change a thing.
My greatest fan has moved on so perhaps I should jump aboard and race after him!
I've never seen cars parked all the way along Gloddaeth Avenue before, must have been very busy for Llandudno, that can only be good.
Congratulations to the organisers.
Thursday, 2 May 2013
"Has any body noticed the amount of fly posting taking place in the area?
Head for Conwy and the area is plastered with posters for events in Colwyn Bay.
All of a sudden all round the area notices for all sorts of things are appearing on lamposts, roundabouts and railings.
There are notices for Antique Fairs in Betws y Coed stuck all over the place.
Not too long ago these miscreants would have been prosecuted but now nobody bothers.
Too busy looking at plastic windows I presume! "
Tuesday, 30 April 2013
Let's not even mention the self promoting Leech!
Who is buying into all this self promoting beside the papers?
Well the North Wales Weekly News web site has been swallowed up by the Daily Post web site, I wonder how long it will now be before the Daily Post in turn in swallowed and and passed out the other end by Trinity Mirror? As of now all the archive stories that were on-line on the Weekly news web site have gone.
Judith Philips was yesterday manning the the paper single handedly presumably the editor was sitting on his/her arse playing the fiddle instead of getting on and doing a real job like reporting.
Advertising has long gone to a central hub in England somewhere so when one phones to advertise a job you not get someone asking a silly amount to advertise so one goes to the job centre and gets a vacancy put in there.
Oh I forgot to mention the Daily Post have at least got Denise Welsh to write a weekly column for them along with the exact same column being in most of the other titles.
The Daily Post has had a new business reporter who has thus far done a good job but his job was up for grabs last week as well, so I'm not sure where that leaves him in the big picture.
I can not fathom out what has happened there the last couple of months, it's as if they are on self destruct ruining the good job of late of getting back to the roots of a local paper and regional daily and intentionally running the paper to the ground.
I just wonder if the Weekly News would be up to buy at the right price?
Sunday, 28 April 2013
Do others know that the Conwy Feast received £33,000 in public money to stage the event?
I read in in The Daily Post earlier.
There now appears to be a hoo ha about the fact the grant is being cut and the organisers say they are going to have to increase ticket prices to make it pay.
Welcome to the real world love!
Not only does Tony Doyle trade in breach of the local planning laws he's quite happy to openly advertise this in a full page advert in the local paper, that's how much some care about Conwy Council planning department.
It's not about how cheap or poor his meat is, it's about persons taking notice of the planning regulations, and this continuing breach is sending out the wrong signals to itinerant traders.
Many see government after government wasting our money and we see on a daily basis persons who won't pay a penny in tax and take all they can out of the system and have a good laugh at us.
I would guess nearly all MP's take their full allowances in some cases tax free such as millage allowances and get their rent paid for them each month again tax free, and Duncan-Smith has the bloody cheek to sat some pensioners should pay their free travel and winter fuel allowance back to the government!
You know what I think the pensioners should do?
Go Tell him to Do One!
Friday, 26 April 2013
A year ago this blog reported the appalling behaviour of a local Llandudno councillor.
You can read the report that is printed in today's Daily Post here
Absolutely appalling behaviour.
Incidentally can anybody tell the blog what she does for a living when not out and about getting pissed?
Thursday, 25 April 2013
Wednesday, 24 April 2013
Classic piece over on the Three Towns Forum, and some businesses wonder why they struggle!
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1318 on: Today at 05:46:39 PM »
True story: I was passing the Parade pub on Church Walks earlier. There was a woman unpacking things out of a car outside. A man came out of the open door of the Pub and shouted at the top of his voice to the woman: "I told you to move the f***king car round the side before unloading it". Everyone on the street looks round. Nice, really makes you want to go there for a pint.....
"For also knowledge itself is power" Sir Francis Bacon
"Many of life's failures are men who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up" Thomas Edison
Tuesday, 23 April 2013
I think if I were of the age I would relocate abroad where the economy may well not be much better but at least the feel good factor and weather would at least be better than here!